Thursday 15 February 2018

Calstar: still going steady


The day after Valentines, which of course was all about my lovely wife Nik, and Google Photos and Facebook have both just reminded me that today is actually the three year anniversary of a certain other first date . . . .

scapegoatsanon.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/first-date

A few thoughts after re-reading what I wrote back in 2015:

Has it really only been three years? I am still really just a dinghy sailor. I do still have a tendency towards panic every time the wind gusts and the boat heels, although I've always been good at hiding it and have become much better over time.

And I'm still in love all over again; every time we cast off, every time the sails are set and the engine stills to silence, and every time the wind touches those sails and she tips majestically in deference to its caress.

No comments: