Tuesday 8 September 2015

"A wild ride"

photo: bob aylott
Back in March I mentioned we'd taken a guest out aboard Calstar. He was a photographer called Bob Aylott, and was writing an article on the Bristol Channel for Yachting Monthly; we'd volunteered to be his "photo boat" whilst he took photos of boats from the Portishead Cruising Club fleet as they sailed up through the Shoots, under the two bridges and back.

He was an amicable fellow, a pleasure to have aboard, and a real treat for me to watch up close an accomplished, professional photographer at work,


I haven't brought my copy yet but shall; I believe the article has now been published in Yachting Monthly's September issue, billed as "A wild ride on a Bristol Channel supertide"

A couple of days after the trip, Bob emailed me the two photos of Dad and myself accompanying this post, by way of a thank-you for acting as his photo boat.

The pleasure was all ours.

photo: bob aylott

No comments: